If you are associated with any kind of business, then you definitely know that it is all about people and their satisfaction, since they include both customers and staff. Therefore, it is important that you should engage them in order to know their likes, dislikes and needs. If you respond to their issues positively, you will be able to build a long term relationship. However, there are six points which you can learn on how to engage people. Moreover, you can entrust others with the points you have learnt.
- Give all your attention to a single person or group: Give each person his or her own time. Respond to their concerns or give them what they actually want from you.
- Your communication skills should be flexible: Learn to talk the way they talk, work with their speed. If they are slow or use some technical terms, you need to do so as well. It is also recommended that you should be understandable, communicative and receptive so that you can relate with them which helps you to make your language flexible.
- Perspectives together with approaches can be changed fast: You can guess small things that have been troubling a number of customers or staff to help them develop positive perspectives on how they approach these things and finding their solutions as well.
- Be empowered: For you to help the customers, it is all about a fact that you should work under your powerful position. Some of them will complain about them. In such situations, it is important to ask them what they would want you to do, just listen to them and work accordingly. For you to find a point where you can start negotiating, even during the time when you are not in a position to offer them what they want, will make a huge difference. Occasionally, staff has issues which pamper them and as an employer, you should have to keep an eye over their issues. You need to ask them the challenges they are going through.
- Do not be judgmental, but an assessee: Being judgmental on the feedbacks you receive from your team would make you to blame certain individuals. Consequently, you will regret why you had asked for the feedbacks. After you have gathered any information, it is important that you should asses them to help you come up with something positive. This will also help you build trust with them.
- Be compassionate: Help your team out of love and compassion for your as well as their benefits. A little pampering does not help at all, however people like it. For instance, a supervisor offers them a bottle of cold drink when the team has been endeavoring in a given project. The supervisor appreciates employees by offering them a special morning tea. Assign them a job in which they are expert and will enjoy accomplishing the targets. Moreover, you need to come up with your own list to show people how much you love them.
Other ideas which can expand this list are invited, please add them as comments for this post.