To remain competitive in a dynamic and increasingly multifaceted global setting, you need to create an environment in which your customers are at the center of every decision. The idea of having a customer-centric approach is the essential element for generating customer loyalty and retention. It is known fact that a 5% increase in customer retention has been shown to increase profitability from 25% to 85%.
Hence, here are the top 10 tips to empower your sales force for greater customer retention that drives loyalty:
- Give your sales team a high degree of flexibility for meeting uncommon customer requests.
- Your sales culture should support taking risks and implementing new ideas.
- Customer’s needs and expectations should be at the center of your decision, system, and process.
- Communicate to rest of the business about your sales/customer service initiatives. Especially to the employees who are customer-facing.
- Make sure that your sales team have all of the skills-including problem solving, customer service, communication, and teamwork-they need to meet customer needs.
- Structure all customer requests so that the links between individual sales employee action and impact on the customer are obvious.
- Deliver exceptional service to internal customers, because you can’t deliver exceptional service to external customers without it.
- Get help and encourage non-sales employees to contribute innovative ways to serve customer needs.
- Provide all of the resources and support necessary for the sales team to offer excellent customer service.
- Assess training needs regularly and provide appropriate training for your sales team to think outside the box to address queries.
Satisfying customers is no longer enough to keep ahead of the competition. Your effort to create customer value will help you maintain your competitive position and gain competitive advantage.